How Do You Fix the OC Error on a Samsung Washing Machine?
Samsung washing machine OC error means overfill of the drum with water. Water level sensor sends the signal indicating that there is too much water in the drum – more than the amount of water required for the selected program. The appliance stops washing, it activates the drain pump and sends error ОС on the display.
Why this error occurs
If the OC error is on, then possible causes are:
- Wrong connection of the drain hose to the sewer pipe which makes the washing machine filled then water through this hose;
- Blocked water inlet valve;
- Low-quality detergent or using too much of it;
- Failure of the control module.
How to solve the problem?
Here is what you need to do to fix the situation and make your washing machine work normally:
- If there is a lot of detergent in the drum, it creates a lot of foam. It gets inside the pressure switch tube and forms increased pressure. Therefore, water level sensor starts the process of draining the water, and you see the code on the washing machine display. In this case, you need to drain the water, take out the laundry and start the rinse mode in order to wash the drum. Next, run the machine as usual to check to make sure that error OC is no longer there.
- If the washing machine is not properly connected to the drain hose, you will also see error OC on the display. You will be required to properly install the drainage to the sewer pipe.
- If there was a temporary failure in the control module, then here’s how to fix it – turn off the washer and let the machine rest for 5 minutes, then turn it on again, and start the washing cycle.
Serious breakages requiring professional help
Some other serious malfunctions in Samsung washing machines may also cause ОС errors:
- Something is wrong with water level sensor – replace it;
- The tube and air chamber of the pressure switch are clogged – these elements need to be cleaned;
- The controller is out of service – you may need to change the fuse or the entire controller;
- Inlet valve is broken – replace it;
- Poor contact or wire breakage in the water level sensor – connect damaged wiring or install a new cable with the wires.