How to Replace a Door Lock on a Samsung Washer Correctly?
If you have realized that the door lock is not working properly, most likely, you need to replace it. Samsung washers have a control function, which prevents the start of a cycle without being sure that the door is locked well. In some cases, the door assembly clicks at an attempt to close the door, but the lock fails anyway. Most likely, you will need to replace the door lock assemble.
Please, use parts that are approved and advised by the manufacturer.
- Disconnect the washer from the mains: pull the plug out of the socket.
- Remove the top panel: pry out the latch on the door lock assembly using a knife or another thin and sharp object. Undo the screws at the front of the door lock assembly using a Phillips screwdriver. Disconnect the wires and pull out the assembly.
- Install the new assembly, connect the wire harness and tighten the mounting screws.
- Put the top panel back in its place. Push it down and forward until it sits firmly. Tighten the screws on the back panel. Do not overtighten them.
- Reconnect the washing machine to the mains and put it back into the cabinet.