How to Clean Samsung Washer Without Damaging It?
When purchasing a major Samsung household appliance, you need to be prepared for the fact that it may go out of service over time. To extend the life of a washing machine, you need to properly operate it and take care of its parts and components.
Drain filter as the heart of the washing machine
Water flows through the drain filter with each wash you start. It filters hair, dirt, and other small particles. Over time, filter becomes clogged and it causes breakages. In most cases, all it takes to repair it is to drain water and clean the filter of Samsung Diamond washing machine.
How to clean Samsung washer and its drain filter:
- Turn off the automatic machine and close the water supply tap.
- Find the hatch in the lower corner of the front panel which hides the filter.
- Using a flat-tip screwdriver or other tool, gently squeeze the latches on the door.
- Make sure you put some absorbent material or bowl under it to catch water.
- Slightly tilt the washer forward to drain the remaining water.
- Turn the filter cover counterclockwise and pull it out.
- Rinse it under water and clean it from the garbage, then set it back to its original position.
Cleaning the inlet filter
This filter filters water coming into the washing machine. It gets clogged much less often, but it still happens from time to time. It all depends on the quality and hardness of the incoming water.
Cleaning process consists of the following steps:
- The filter is located on the rear panel, so we move the washer away and shut off the water.
- Disconnect the hose from the valve and pull out the mesh in a plastic case – the filter.
- Clean it with any cleaning agent and put it back.
Maintenance is the key to long life
It is recommended to clean all filters of Samsung Diamond washing machines and drain stagnant water at least once a quarter. But it is equally important to follow some rules when washing laundry:
- Make sure there are no items left in the pockets; take them out if you find any.
- Avoid washing things with small rhinestones; also make sure that all buttons on the clothes sit firmly enough.
- Inspect the drum before washing. Sometimes you may find children’s toys or pets in it.
- If there is a water quality issue, then you should get an additional filter for cleaning.